often we question what is love. but how many of us actually question, what is friendship? what are true friends? what are best friends...?
maybe it is less questioned bcos we often took friends for granted.
to me, if u met a shitty ass rship and end up it doesnt work, u just break it off and find a better one.
for friendship, there is no 'better one'. a friend is more individual. there is no such thing as learning from the past and apply it for future. its only learn from the present and fix the present.
true friends or best friends, they are just there for you no matter what. when issue arises such as disatisfactions or some situations you have put them in a bad position or doesnt feel good about it, they will voice it out directly to you. a true friend sticks with you through the good times and the bad, a true friend will say things you might not want to hear, but a true friend won't stay mad... sure they will complain to others about u on some stuffs, but at the end they will still come up to u and tell u whats bothering them about u. well, they are not obligated to accept who u are. but if they cant accept u for who u are, do u think they are considered as your true friends?
some people treat true friends like siblings. love them and care for them like siblings. just like how u enjoy fucking up your sister's life and yet if people fuck up your sister, u will go all out to protect her. just like how your brother gets into trouble and dont wish to let ur mom know, u will cover it up for him. just like no matter how screwed up your life is, your siblings will stand by u no matter what.
just like, siblings... true friends are irreplacable.
in relationships, we often hear people saying, it is better to take turns to lower down our ego and apologise to make things work. this applies in friendship as well. this is a common thing called respect. when apology is accepted, accept it sincerely. not with grudge. not by accepting apology and then still going around bitching about the same issue over and over again. whats done is done, let bygones be bygones. 退一步，海阔天空.
below are some quotes i found all over the world-wide-web and applies to what i think.
- A real friend is someone who accept you for you, no strings attached. A real friend is someone who knows all the good and the not-so-good about you and still likes you. A real friend is someone who will do anything to help you in a crisis. A real friend is someone who would miss you after you died and only have good things to say to others about you. A real friend is the person you call to share the happiness of the day or the frustrations of life, and listens though you may have said the same things a hundred times before. A real friend is a person who compliments your personality, challenges your choices, and accepts you regardless of the mistakes you make in life.
Real friends are few in ones life and when you find one, return the favor and be a real friend back.
- A person who can tell you what they REALLY think of your idea
- A person who will never talk about you behind your back
- A person who will stick up for you if someone does bad-mouth/backstab you
- A good friend will come bail you out of jail at 4:00 a.m. A great friend will be sitting there beside you saying "damm that was fun".
- A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
- Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest... It's about who came, and never left your side.
- Friends pick us up when we fall down, and if they can't pick us up, they lie down and listen for a while.
- Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say.
- One where you can have a fight with, but be friends again the moment after... one that will understand you even if the rest of the world will think you're crazy... One will always be there and never forget the things that you guys have been through together... One that would actually help you out on things without actually having to tell you that he/she helped you out on that thing... One that will never betray you unless it is something they really couldnt help, which is where you have to forgive and forget... if you are a true friend of his...
Appreciate your true friends. Treasure them. For they have been through your ups and downs. For they have been there for you when you need most. For they have been treating you like their siblings. Be truthful to them, if they really love and care for you as a true friend, they will accept what u have to say and forgive. Voice out your dissatisfaction, cos they may be your true friends but they are not mind readers. They wont know what r u thinking and whats bothering you. same as when u r dissatisfied about something, u wont know what was happening on their situation causing them to do something that is not comfortable to u.
if you treasure your true friends, think again... everything that happened up till today... is it worth it?
i consider myself lucky to have a few great friends with me.
the one that i never keep in touch often but still treats her as my sister and vice versa. whenever i intro my new partners to her, she always tell them "dont bully my precious sister ah..."
the one who is always doing crazy stunts with like stealing the neighborhood mangoes in the middle of the night just because the crave of having manga jeruk. or impromptu drive to malacca just for sate celup. or choosing random cars to follow like a stalker. :P
the one who complained that i never included him here earlier. hahaha~
the one who sticks around whenever i need someone. eventhough i fucked her up previously. :X
the one who has been around for 4 yrs, someone whom i dont keep in touch much but when we do, we can chat almost anything. who has been with my ups and downs when she is available. who is now my best friend. my soul mate. my life partner. ^^
thank all of u for making my life interesting. and other friends, u meant a lot to me as well. :)